You can overcome anxiety and depression

Four years ago I was in one of the worst places in my life. I started to deal with anxiety and depression out of no where. It all started one night when My husband and I decided too watch a movie. The movie was very graphic and violent. When the movie was over the violent scences began too replay in my mind. I was so afraid that I started to go into a panic. My  mind started racing, my heart was pounding, my hands were sweating and my body was beginning to fill numb. It felt like I wanted too faint. My husband attempted to calm me down several times by talking too me and telling me that everything would be ok. I would calm down and then 5 minutes later the feeling would come back  more intense. I couldn't take it, so  Eventually, we ended up at the emergency room. The doctors diagnosed me with anxiety, gave me medication, told me to stay away from caffeine and seek a therapist, so I did just that.
                                                      

                                                               


   Over the next few weeks things just progressed and the anxiety attacks became more frequent. The medication had very bad side effects. It made me feel numb and so tired that I can barely function too take care of my children. On the other hand when I didn't take the medication I was very depressed and the attacks would be more frequently. I felt hopeless. I'd tried medication, therapy, giving up all caffeine, I tried googling different things that might've worked for others, but nothing was working for me. Over the next few months my life started too spiral out of control. I found out I was pregnant and miscarrying at the same time, three months later I was pregnant again, (which was good news) but after receiving that news, a month later my husband broke his foot and lost His job.  We had no way of taking care of ourselves being that I wasn't working at the time either. So,  Eventually we lost our house, and our car and we moved in with my mom.  I was so overwhelmed that it only made the anxiety and depression worst. I was back and forth to the emergency room having panic attacks like clock work, I would go days without sleeping and I started having suicidal thoughts. I felt like I was loosing control of my life. This had become the lowest point of my life and my only hope is that God would set me free from all this chaos.
                 
                                                               


I grew up in church all of my life but I never really had a real relationship with Him. I went to church all the time when I was younger but as I got into my youth and young adult stage I began too shy away from church. All I wanted too do is party and hang out with my friends all the time. That had gotten me no where in life. I remember weeks leading up too my first panic attack I had prayed and ask God for a closer relationship with Him. I was ready too change my life and I wanted a new lifestyle.  Here it was my life was in the worst place ever; However, that's when I knew that I needed too depend on God like never before.
 My mom had big walk in closets in Her home so I started too go in the closet and read my bible, pray and worship. I would spend a lot of time with God, getting too know Him and how much He loved me. I learned that He cared for me so much that anxiety and depression was not His will for my life. His will is for me too live in peace, and too prosper me so that I can live a abundant life. Isaiah 26:3 says, You will keep him in perfect peace those whose mind are steadfast on you, because they trust in you. I knew that as long as I kept my mind stayed on Him that I would be okay. From that point on, I made it a point that I would read my word twice and sometimes three times a day and every time that I felt myself getting anxious I would run too the closet and spend time with God. This had become my medication and it worked every time.

                                                                 


                                                                  
  Then God began too show me that I was in a spiritual battle as well. Although, on the surface I was battling anxiety and depression at the root The enemy (Satan) was responsible for all of this. Ephesians 6:12 says for our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers. against the world forces of this darkness against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. After knowing this, I began too change my perspective on anxiety and depression. I recognized that this was the enemy feeding me lies about myself and my situation causing me too panic and be depressed. From then on I began too read scriptures on what God says about me and every time the enemy would tell me a lie I would combat it with the word of God. I started to watch the things that I said as it pertained to anxiety/depression. I wouldn't say things like I have anxiety and depression I would walk around by faith saying that I was healed. Sometimes at three in the morning I would get up just too pray and read the word. All these things that I was doing drowned out the anxiety/depression and the fact that we were down too nothing. This battle went on for seven months straight until the anxiety completely wore off. It wasn't by medication, it wasn't a therapist or a doctor, It was strictly by connecting too God, renewing my mind in His word and trusting Him that I was set free from anxiety depression. 
 Seven months after loosing everything God restored everything too us even greater than what we had and plus He gave me a new mind. It has been Four years since I've been set free and after battling for almost 2 years I have been completely healed from anxiety and depression.
     
                                                                    



 If you are a person that's dealing with anxiety or depression I want you too know that, that is not God's will for your life. God wants too heal you and set you free so that you can live an abundant life. Medication, therapists, and doctors are all great resources too use if needed; However I also believe that when you renew your mind with the word of God you can defeat those negative thoughts and also have a better outlook on life. Gods word is the true and He knows the truth about who you are. Understand that God is for you and not against you and start by focusing on these scriptures.

-Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your path. Proverbs 3:5-7

-For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

-For God has not given us the spirit of Fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

-The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life and have it more abundantly. John 10:10

- What shall we say to these things? If God is for us who could be against us? Romans 8 :31

- Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you. 1 peter 5:7


I know that dealing with anxiety and depression is not easy but it is not the end of your life. You have too be willing to stand on God's word no matter how you feel. James 4:7 says submit to God resist the devil and He will flee. You don't have to be afraid. God is right there with you and you have everything that you need too overcome this. My advice to you is to release control of the situation. Don't worry about when you're going too overcome it or How its going too happen. Give the situation to God and spend your time putting all your focus on Him. God is faithful and He will deliver you, It doesn't matter your family history, it doesn't matter your situation, or how long you've been dealing with this. Trust in God for you're healing and you will overcome.


                     *Disclaimer In no way shape or form am I dismissing taking medication or seeing a therapist. Neither, Am I dismissing the fact that anxiety and depression are real. If you are dealing with these things and need too take medication or too seek professional help please do so. I just wanted too share my experience and how I overcame it just too encourage you and let you know that you could overcome it too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 key elements too trusting God in hard times

Healing before marriage

How God Speaks