This Temporary Life


THIS TEMPORARY LIFE



  Its been a month in a half since we've evacuated from our home. Hurricane Laura hit my city Lake Charles La, on August 28th and left my city devastated. Pretty much every structural building was destroyed including our home. There are thousands of people that are displaced and many people are homeless due to this devastation. This has put the icing on the cake for 2020. My family and I have lost everything due to this hurricane. We are displaced in New Orleans, La. living in hotels, spending tons of money for living expenses , food, gas, etc. Our days seem like they are consumed with speaking to insurance companies, contractors, and apartment managers so that we can find a comfortable place to stay. This is truly a uncomfortable situation for my family and I. I wish things would go back to normal. I've been praying and asking God Why I' am I going through this and what can I learn from this situation?

  After driving home from a little mini vacation I started reading my book "The purpose driven life"  By Rick Warren. It talked about our temporary life here on earth. Everything in this life is temporary. We're only here for a limited amount of time and one day this life will be left behind. The car we drive, the house we live in, Our family here will be no more one day.  This put things into perspective for me. Now that I was uncomfortable and lost everything I can see How fragile this life is. My focus shifted from worrying about my situation to how can I make this count for eternity. God never intended for us to be comfortable here. Yes, we live here on earth but we should never get so attached to this place that we are controlled by material things and even situations. As Christians we should live from a eternal perspective, knowing that every situations that we go through and everything that we own here is all temporary.

 Heaven is our home and that's where real life began. This life is just preparation for our eternal life. How we spend our time here determines how we spend our time in eternity. This life isn't all about pleasures and obtaining everything that we want. How foolish would it be for us to chase after comfort and the pleasures of this life knowing that this is not our home. When we get to heaven God won't ask us, 

"How many cars did you own"?

"How many houses did you live in"?

 "How much fun did you have"? 

 The only thing that will matter is how did we love people, how did we handled situations, we're you obedient to God, and how did you glorify Him with your life. 

 Experiencing this situation has truly taught me how fragile this life can be. I don't want to spend my life worrying about temporary things. In all situations I want to bring Glory to God. I want to focus my more on my eternal life. I want my actions to count for eternity. I want to encourage you today to loose the grip on this temporary life, don't just think about a life here think about your eternal life. No matter what you are facing today, face your situation from a eternal perspective remembering that this life is only temporary.

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 key elements too trusting God in hard times

Healing before marriage

How God Speaks